Subscribe to our blog to stay up-to-date.
Should You Buy a Copier or a Multifunction Printer?
Sun May 28, 2023 | Base Technologies
If you're in the market for new office equipment, you may be wondering whether you should choose a copier or a multifunction printer.
The boundaries aren't clear between the two as they used to be, and they share similar functions. If you're considering either one, or perhaps both, several factors come into play. Chief among them is the size of your office group, the performance you require to keep up with demand, and how much room you have available to accommodate your new devices.
Multifunction Printer Benefits
Most multifunction printers combine the capabilities of four different types of office equipment. The benefits here are pretty straightforward:
- Save office space by replacing four types of office equipment—copier, printer, scanner, and fax—with one streamlined device.
- Save the money you were spending on maintenance, consumables, and the energy required by four isolated technology islands.
- Streamline workflows by combining the functionality of four types of office equipment in one centralized location.
- Scan documents directly to existing workflows and folders, or send to colleagues via email or fax.
- Reduce your environmental footprint with built-in paper saving features like automatic duplexing.
Today's copiers bear little resemblance to the single-function devices of the past. Many include the features found in multifunction printers, but on a much larger scale. For those businesses requiring greater speed and volume, along with professional-grade finishing capabilities, a full-sized, high-performance color or black and white laser copier may be the perfect fit.
Your office equipment is an important part of your company's success. To find the imaging devices that meet your unique requirements, contact us at Base Technologies. As a leading provider of office equipment and complete workflow solutions, we can help your company determine which technologies meet your needs today and in the future. Get in touch with us today!