Subscribe to our blog to stay up-to-date.
Document Solutions for the 21st Century
Sun May 28, 2023 | Base Technologies
To remain competitive in the 21st century, you need office services that address where you are now, and where you're heading in the future. At Base Technologies, we help you accomplish critical tasks by providing office services that improve communication and streamline workflows.
Read on to learn three ways an electronic document solution can help your organization succeed.
1. Central Document Storage
Paper document storage systems present a host of problems.
- Documents can be misfiled or lost permanently.
- It can be difficult to tell if the document you're working on includes the most current information.
- Filing cabinets, binders and shelving systems take up valuable office space.
With electronic document management, all of your vital information is digitally stored in a central location, improving access, saving space, and providing improved levels of document security.
2. Enhanced Security
It's difficult, if not impossible, to secure documents with traditional paper-based storage solutions. An electronic document management system provides enhanced security protocols that keep unauthorized personnel from viewing sensitive documents.
- Specify who can view certain documents.
- Qualify what changes or updates can be performed on specific documents, and who can perform them.
- Audit trails show who opened a document, what they did to it, and when the actions occurred.
- Improve your ability to meet compliance standards.
3. Improved Workflows
Paper documents aren't just difficult to store and secure, they hinder workflows and can slow projects to a crawl.
With paper-based workflows, the process begins with the creation of a paper document. The form then proceeds to the next level of management for approval, who then directs it to the department. This slow process of passing a document through the system is painfully slow, error-prone, and costly.
An electronic document solution can improve upon every aspect of paper-based workflows. Here's how:
- As soon as a proposal is generated, the next person in the process is notified that it exists, and his attention is needed.
- Rather than shuffling papers from one office to another, each person in the process is notified when his attention is required.
- Updates are immediately available for viewing, improving collaboration and approval every step of the way.
To learn more about the wide range of office services and solutions we can provide, contact us at Base Technologies today!