Subscribe to our blog to stay up-to-date.
5 Startling Facts About Your Print Environment
Mon May 29, 2023 | Base Technologies
If you've ever wondered whether your organization could benefit from Managed Print, consider these facts:
- Printing costs average from 3% to 5% of annual revenues.
- Print-related data breaches impact 70% of organizations.
- Duplex printing could be utilized on 40% of documents.
- 20% of documents are abandoned in print trays and never retrieved.
- Multifunction printers can typically serve up to 30 staff members, but many companies deploy one device for every six staff members.
How Managed Print Can Make a Difference
Managed Print can help your organization curtail unnecessary printing, wasted time, and print-related data breaches. For many companies, the savings are as high as 30% off their current print spend. Here are just a few of the benefits:
An unmanaged print environment can put a tremendous strain on revenues. Managed Print can help with:
- Fleet right-sizing to eliminate unneeded devices and the costs associated with maintaining them.
- Relocation of remaining devices to simplify workflows and speed up productivity.
- Automatic supply reordering to cut back on unnecessary purchases of consumables.
- Reduced need for IT intervention for printer-related issues.
- Reduction in overall print volumes.
When documents are released prematurely to print trays, sensitive information can become compromised. Security solutions that require users to authenticate at the printer help to eliminate unauthorized access.
Managed Print can help your organization cut back on unnecessary printing in every department. You'll save money and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
- Track print volumes by department and user.
- Implement rules-based procedures to place limits on print volumes, specify who can use color and other advanced features, and secure your information.
- Leverage built-in features that eliminate duplicate or unnecessary pages.
- Enable automatic duplexing (two-sided printing) to cut back on paper use by up to 50%.
To find out more ways Managed Print can help your organization, contact us at Base Technologies today!